Source: AutomotorPro.com – 2019 Lexus NX 300 F SPORT SUV Convenience and Luxury
Written by Marco Carvajal
The 2019 Lexus NX 300 F Sport SUV means driving with convenience and Luxury, with new advanced connectivity standard features Amazon Alexa, Enforce Remote System and Google Assistant integration.
Driving the NX 300 F Sport in Florida during the summer is a very enjoyable experience, especially when traveling between home, hotels, airports and enjoying weekend getaways with friends and family. Easy to drive, beautiful and luxury,
The NX is one of my favorite SUVs, it has a perfect size, convenient for small parking spaces and congested large cities. However, even if this is not a large SUV, it has enough room inside for all passengers to seat comfortable and enjoy the ride.
The NX is a great alternative instead of buying a large sedan, you get all the convenience of an SUV without having to look for large parking spaces due to its perfect medium size.
The NX 300 is produced by Lexus with advanced automotive mechanical, architecture and design at the Miyata plant in Miyawaka, Fukuoka in Japan.
The NX was introduced in late 2014 as a new compact crossover model below the medium-sized SUV RX. The name NX means “Nimble Crossover.” This Lexus SUV is characterized for a great interior with a high level of luxury and craftsmanship, typical of Lexus.
Driving the F Sport Performance NX 300 brings exciting, great performance and well-balanced driving dynamics, is not your regular SUV. The NX 300 F SPORT offers driving styling that will make you fall in love from the second you open the door and start to enter the cabin. Then once you start to drive it..you will understand why so many people love and buy this Lexus automobile again and again.
NX 300 Models
The Lexus NX 300 is a compact five-passenger SUV available in two base trims, the base NX model and the F Sport, and there is also a powerful AWD Hybrid version available. I am test driving the F Sport.
- NX 300
- NX 300 F Sport
- NX 300H AWD
New for the 2019 NX Model
New Standard Features, Apple CarPlay and Amazon Alexa functionality added on vehicles with Lexus Multimedia system. Also Lexus Enform Remote with smart watch, Amazon Alexa skill integration and Google Assistant integration.
2019 NX 300 F Sport Highlights
- Fuel Economy 24 MPG Average
22 MPG City / 28 MPG Highway
- 235 HP – Horsepower
- 258 lb.-ft. of Torque
- 2.0 Liter Turbo Charged Engine 18-Valve DOHC, Dual VVT
- 8-Speed Electronically Controlled Transmission
- 5 Passenger Capacity
- Dynamic Torque-Control All-Wheel Drive
- Lexus Safety System with Pre-Collision System (PCS)
- Voice Command, Siri Eyes Free, Google Voice Control
- 17 Aluminum Wheels with All-Season Tires
- 2,000-lb towing capacity
2019 NX 300 F Sport
The NX 300 F Sport version has a luxury and sporty look, it adds 18-inch wheels, special exterior design elements, a sports suspension, special interior details and NuLuxe color combinations, more aggressive reinforced seats, a great dashboard and a sports steering wheel.
For those who like to upgrade their Lexus, the Comfort package includes heated and ventilated front seats and blind-spot monitoring. The Premium package adds 18-inch wheels, sunroof, driver’s seat memory settings and an electrically adjustable steering wheel.
The Luxury package includes the above options with automatic windshield wiper, heated steering wheel and leather upholstery. There is also a navigation package with a larger screen of 10.3 inches and a premium sound system.
Additional options include front and rear parking sensors, an electric liftgate and enhanced LED headlights.
The main drawback of the NX is the compact cargo space. But if you don’t need too much cargo space, then the NX is one of the best options in the segment.
When you purchase an NX, Lexus gives you an ultra-smooth engine, a comfortable interior, superior quality and a reputation for excellent reliability, which makes the NX 300 F Sport a great purchase option.
The NX F sport is a luxury SUV, but the price is very low compared to the competition. A premium Lexus SUV that most people can afford at a purchase price around 40K.
- NX 300 F Sport MSRP $40,025
Engine and Transmission
The NX comes standard with a 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine with 235 horsepower, 258 pound-feet of torque, coupled to a six-speed automatic transmission. Front-wheel drive is standard and all-wheel drive is optional.
Its interior design and construction are of high quality, with materials that look and feel rich. The front seats and rear seats are very comfortable. It can accommodate 5 people in total.
The interior gives you an original fresh and modern environment, unique in the segment.
The soft leather material that covers the doors, the dashboard and the center console feel expensive, with details such as contrast stitching, wood finish, and a modern analog clock.
The NX 300 has very good technological functionality, information and entertainment controls. The remote interface has several menus and icons that can be selected with a touchpad mounted on the console.
The NX cargo space is tight, it is a good city SUV. The cargo space of the NX measures 17.7 cubic feet behind the rear seats.
- Drive Mode Select
- SmartAccess with push-button Start/Stop
- Dual-zone automatic climate control with interior air filter
- Power-folding outside mirrors
- NuLuxe® interior trim
- Leather-trimmed steering wheel and shift knob
- A Lexus Multimedia System with 8.0-in color display and compatible Scout GPS Link with MapStream mode. Complimentary for the first three years of ownership.
- Remote Touchpad
- Eight-speaker Lexus Premium Sound System
- Bluetooth® and USB smartphone connectivity
- Subscription-free Traffic and Weather updates via HD RadioTM
- Voice Command and Siri Eyes Free
- Lexus Enform Remote (complimentary for the first year of ownership) lets you lock and unlock doors, start the engine and climate controls, check the fuel level, and more all through your smartphone, smartwatch or using the Lexus skill for Amazon Alexa-enabled devices at home
- Voice Command and Mobile Assistant enabling use of Siri Eyes Free or Google Assistant
- Lexus Enform Wi-Fi – Complimentary 4GB one-year trial included
- Lexus Enform App Suite 2.018
- Lexus Enform Safety Connect and Service Connect, complimentary for the first 10 years of ownership.
Each NX comes standard with anti-lock brakes, traction and stability control, front side airbags, driver’s knee airbag, side curtain airbags and front cushion airbag that prevents an occupant from sliding under the seat belt. Lexus cars are very safe and of solid lasting construction.
Optional safety features include a blind-spot monitoring system with rear cross-traffic alert, a lane departure warning system and a forward collision mitigation system, included with adapted cruise control, which warns of a possible collision and can automatically apply the brakes in case of driver inaction.
The Lexus Enform Safety Connect comes standard on the NX, which includes automatic collision notification, an emergency call button and a stolen vehicle locator.
- Lexus Safety System+ (Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection, Dynamic Radar Cruise Control, Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist, Intelligent High-Beams)
- Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM)
- (8) Eight airbags
- Backup camera
The NX 300’s engine is smooth and has very good low-end power, which is ideal for fast low-speed passes and for accelerating from a traffic light. Gear changes are smooth. Very good performance on the highway. For a better performance, the NX 300 F Sport is your SUV.
Braking and steering are appropriate and precise, with easy maneuvering. The F Sport relies heavily on cornering, it is very well balanced and provides a quiet interior.
Luxury, performance, convenience and great pricing, the NX 300 F Sport SUV has it all.
Source: AutomotorPro.com – 2019 Lexus NX 300 F SPORT SUV Convenience and Luxury